The emails that you delete on the AOL software will go to the Recently Deleted
- Deleting an email from the Recently Deleted folder will delete the email permanently.
- Deleted mail will remain in the Recently Deleted folder for only 24 hrs after which it will be permenantly deleted.
Important: The number of days an email stays in your mailbox depends on the type of mailbox you use and the folder in which you save the email. To learn more, please visit the online help article How long are my emails stored in my mailbox.
Recover recently deleted email
To recover recently deleted email using AOL Desktop v10.1
1. Sign on to AOL Desktop v10.1.
2. Click the Mail icon, and then click the Recently Deleted tab.
3. Right-click the email you want to restore, and then click Restore.
4. Click X to close the open mailbox.
To recover recently deleted email using the AOL software (AOL 9.6, AOL 9.5, AOL 9.1, AOL 9.0 VR, or AOL 9.0)
1. Sign on to the AOL software.
2. On the Mail menu, click Recently Deleted Mail.
3. Click the email you want to restore, and then click Restore.