Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

forgot my network security key for my Netgear WNR1000 router.

Customer Question
How do i find it...
forgot my network security key for my Netgear WNR1000 router. How do i find it or change it?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2011
Network Technician: sandy, Networking Engineer replied 6 years ago
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer

sandy :

Hello My Friend, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician and will assist you today.

How to find the key or password:

Please, follow these steps on the computer(like your desktop computer) which is connected to the router using an ethernet cable. However, if you have only laptop, please connect an extra cable from router to laptop

Also, please make sure that Modem must be connected to the
Internet/wan port of the router.

Open an Internet Explorer browser and type the router IP address
192.168.1.1
Hit enter.
Now, type the use name=admin
password=password
Now, click OK.
Select Wireless Settings from the Setup menu in the left-hand navigation bar.
Under Wireless Network, you will see your network name in the Name (SSID) box.
Under Security Options, you will find your security key.

sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
sandy
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer