Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have forgotten my Vizio password XXXXX WIFI and dont know

Customer Question
I have forgotten my Vizio...
I have forgotten my Vizio password XXXXX WIFI and don't know how to either reset it or find it out. Help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
11/19/2011
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Viet - Network Tech :

Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Viet - Network Tech :

Please go to the website http://vizio.home or http://192.168.1.1 ,, then you can click on the Wireless menu, then you will see your network name (SSID) and Security Key (password).

Viet - Network Tech :

If that does not work, do you have a wireless computer/laptop that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have windows xp, vista, or 7?

Viet - Network Tech :

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer:

yes I have a connected laptop

Viet - Network Tech :

Does that laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7?

Viet - Network Tech :

What happens when you try my first suggestion: go to the website http://vizio.home or http://192.168.1.1 ,, then you can click on the Wireless menu, then you will see your network name (SSID) and Security Key (password)?

Customer:

it showed vizio as name and password

Customer:

I have winddows xp

Viet - Network Tech :

can you try connecting to vizio and use the password XXXXX?

Viet - Network Tech :

If that does not work, from the windows laptop that is currently connected via wireless,
Please right-click on the antivirus/security/firewall program, located at the bottom right of the screen and disable it temporarily if possible,
Then please download
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview.zip
If it does not work; try http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview-x64.zip
Then open it and run the WirelessKeyView.exe file, and select your wireless Network name.
Then to the right, there is key(hex) or key(ascii). This is your wireless password.

Customer:

sorry...I went to vizio rather than wireless...I found the pass word on wireless and it works. thanks that's all I needed

Viet - Network Tech :

Great. You're welcome. Please click on Accept if I have been helpful. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech