Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a Dell latitude d600 and I cant connect to the Internet

Customer Question
I have a Dell latitude...
I have a Dell latitude d600 and I can't connect to the Internet wirelessly. The wireless card detects the signal, and when I try connecting to my wifi, it just keeps saying acquiring network address. My iPod touch is connecting to my wifi, so I know my wifi is fine and I am assuming the wireless card in my laptop is fine also since it's detecting my wifi signal but it's just not connecting to it. I am running windows xp and the wireless card in my laptop is a Dell wireless 1350 WLAN mini-pci card. Any advice on what I might be doing wrong?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 day by:
9/26/2011
Network Technician: ITCris, System Administrator replied 6 years ago
ITCris
ITCris, System Administrator

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Please try the following and let me know the outcome:

Click "Start" then "Run".

In the Run box type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

The device manager will appear expand network adapters.

Locate the wireless adapter and right click to uninstall.

Then at the top of device manager right click on computer name to scan for new hardware. This will reinstall the wireless adapter driver.

Once it's reinstalled try to connect to the wireless network again.
How did you make out?
ITCris
ITCris
ITCris, System Administrator