Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I lost my setup disc for my linksys e2000. I need to add another

Customer Question
I lost my setup disc...
I lost my setup disc for my linksys e2000. I need to add another computer to the wireless
network. How do i do that?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
7/31/2011
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 6 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

Networking Extraordinaire :

Greetings,

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Basically, you can add a new computer to your wireless network by clicking the wireless icon, choosing your wireless signal, on the list, and entering any wireless password you may have.

Networking Extraordinaire :

If you need to retrieve that wireless password, you can do so by following the instructions below:

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link ---> http://192.168.1.1
Username: admin
Password: admin
- Click the Wireless link (your network name is displayed here)
- Click the Wireless security link (your wireless password is displayed here)

Networking Extraordinaire :

You may click the Accept button on the bottom right of your screen & click Ok now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

Networking Extraordinaire :

----->>> Please, use the Scrollbar on the Right Side of the page to SCROLL UP and see your answer :)

Networking Extraordinaire :

Hello

Networking Extraordinaire :

Do those instructions make sense?

Networking Extraordinaire :

How is that coming along?

Networking Extraordinaire :

Once you click the Accept button and the resulting Ok button, your deposit that you have already been charged, will be released. I only I get credit from the website or get paid for my time if you click the Accept button and then click Ok.

Customer :

it didn't work....i can't retrieve my password. Iclick on the link but it's working. Also linksys is not showing up as my network because the signal is to weak. i'm using another network to get on line.

Networking Extraordinaire :

Oh ok.

Networking Extraordinaire :

Are you following those instructions on a computer that plug into the router with the cable?

Networking Extraordinaire :

If you wish, I can remote into your computer and obtain this information for you.

Customer :

I'm on my labtop wirelessly trying to connect another labtop..the labtop im on does have a cable attached to the router...if you want you can remote into my computer.

Customer :

Yes you can remote into my computer..

Networking Extraordinaire :

Ohok

Networking Extraordinaire :

It will take me about 10 minutes to get the remote session up and running.

Networking Extraordinaire :

Or we can just do this the old fashioned way.

Networking Extraordinaire :

Which version of Windows is running on the current computer that you are using to speak with me on?

Customer :

windows 7

Networking Extraordinaire :

Ok

Networking Extraordinaire :

- Click Start Button (round button on the bottom left of the screen)
- Type: CMD
- Hit Enter
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
- What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?

Customer :

192.168.1.105

Networking Extraordinaire :

Thank you

Networking Extraordinaire :

Is the gateway 192.168.1.1 ?

Networking Extraordinaire :

Username: admin
Password: admin

Customer :

im on the gateway....the other computer gateway also

Networking Extraordinaire :

ok

Customer :

the other computewr is 192.168.1.110

Networking Extraordinaire :

ok

Networking Extraordinaire :

Username: admin
Password: admin

Networking Extraordinaire :

How is that coming along?

Networking Extraordinaire :

We can do the remote session now if you wish.

Customer :

ok...

Networking Extraordinaire :

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run:http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=904ab66c-418c-4d8e-bc02-669cc6a12266&SUPPORT=NET

Networking Extraordinaire :

Hello

Networking Extraordinaire :

We could not log in because the default password was changed and forgotten.

Networking Extraordinaire :

- With the power to the router ON, press the reset button on the back of the router with a paperclip or pin for 30 seconds.
- Wait 30 seconds
Username: admin
Password: admin
- Click the Wireless link (Your network name is displayed there, you can change it and click the Save Settings button)
- Click the Wireless security link (Your wireless password is displayed there)
---- Choose WPA PERSONAL
---- Enter an eight digit passphrase in the WPA Pre Shared field (This will be your wireless password)
---- Click the Save settings button

Networking Extraordinaire :

Please, let me know when that is complete.

Networking Extraordinaire :

Please, let me know if you have any issues later on.

Networking Extraordinaire :

I will be standing by.

Networking Extraordinaire :

Thank you,
- Jason

If you ever want to work with me as your expert in the future, please bookmark the following website. You can ask any future questions directly to me and I will be the expert assigned to your case: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-theextraordinaire/

Jason Jones, Network Technician