Networking

Directed at anyone with network and database management experience,

please. Need to resolve a...
please.

Need to resolve a question about how best to manage my companies interactive and archived information.

1. Do I house my moving company's Server/database on a local PC under a table in my office...for security, access and control...or incase of blackouts?

2. Do I place our company's data on a ISPs system(s),... Read full answer
Directed at anyone with network and database management experience, please.

2. Do I place our company's data on a ISPs system(s), with 25 mysql databases and daily backups?

Which approach makes better sense?

Thanks
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/20/2011
Jerry, Computer Support Specialist

Jerry :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to answer your question today.

Customer:

Great.

Jerry :

So I guess it depends on what you are concerned with more back up or security

Customer:

That is the delema. Unfortunately we don't have a way to properly backup our systems so we have copies outside of our office should any thing happen.

Jerry :

In the first case you have better security and access to the PC 24/7 no matter what happens

Customer:

OK. What is the advantages of housing it on a ISP system?

Jerry :

In the case of the 2 option your server will be backed up by your ISP and if there is a major change to your data base that causes a issue you will have so many back ups to pull from also the server is probably better protected because it will be in a data center that is more designed to house servers rather then just a office under a table.

Customer:

Thanks that is all I needed to know.

Jerry :

Your welcome do you have any further questions?

Jerry :

If not can you please click on accept so I can get paid for my time and effort

Jerry :

Thank you

Customer:

not for now. Please make sure they pay you. thanks again

Jerry :

If you click on accept I will get paid Thanks

Jerry :

:)

Jerry, Computer Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a 300 GB 2014 SQL server database that I have to move
I have a 300 GB 2014 SQL server database that I have to move to a new sql server. The database is from a program called File Cabinet from Thomson Reuters (Creative Solutions). The program itself has a… read more
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Senior Network Engineer,
We have a computer that someone in our office is using to
We have a computer that someone in our office is using to download movies. We got a copyright violation notice, which we cleared up. I believe we've corrected the issue with our employees but I would … read more
IT Manager,
Question on my personal home IP address ISP--Time Warner
Question on my personal home IP address ISP--Time Warner Cable, Type is Broadband, Assignment is Dynamic.My concern---I can geolocate (W3C) my computer IP location to my home coordinates if I allow ac… read more
Stop searching for answers—
We are currently considering a variety of cable services:
We are currently considering a variety of cable services: shared residential coaxial (bandwidth up to 100 Mbps) @ $150/month, shared business coaxial (bandwidth up to 100 Mbps) @ $225/month, dedicated… read more
Andrew
Andrew
I have to create a disaster plan and I am completely overwhelmed right now. Can you help
I have to create a disaster plan and I am completely overwhelmed right now. Can you help me?… read more
LKT
LKT
I have two computers, one in San Francisco and one in Seattle. Both
I have two computers, one in San Francisco and one in Seattle. Both computers are running windows Server 2012 Standard Both have permanent IP addresses. I want to connect them together so that the Sea… read more
Certified Networking Engineer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Despite running queries to add new superuser and changing password XXXXX provided in Jooml
Despite running queries to add new superuser and changing password XXXXX provided in Joomla docs and Joomla forum, I still can't log in to the backend. No message and no option to change password.… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
1. Is when all computers on the network are at the same equal
1. Is when all computers on the network are at the same equal level, this typology is considered a: a. Peer-to-Peer b. Star c. RING d. MESH 2. This typology is when a central server exists? a. Peer-to… read more
Matthew J
Matthew J
Freelance Consultant,
I need to design a network (configuration)for below
I need to design a network (configuration)for the below specified fictitious company. Please shelp. I must also cover DNS, DCHP, network protocols, WINS (if necessary), IP Routing, and certificate ser… read more
David L
David L
We had a server and 6 workstations at my job. The server was
We had a server and 6 workstations at my job. The server was connected to a Linux database in Colorado Springs. All the workstations was connected to the server; the database was installed via interne… read more
bbl242003
bbl242003
Federal,
I work from home for a company whose office is in another state.
I work from home for a company whose office is in another state. I have a Linksys VPN router that connects my company phone to the remote office; and my local internet runs through this router as well… read more
Engineer,
Bachelor
Access 2000 databases formerly shared on a peer-to-peer network,
Access 2000 databases formerly shared on a peer-to-peer network, moved to a new server last June. Everything worked as it was supposed to with four users having full control and ten read only. We star… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
Network Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
I want help to write a 300-500 word paper comparing and contrasting
I want help to write a 300-500 word paper comparing and contrasting peer-to-peer and client/server networks. And at least two differences; include advantages/disadvantages of each.… read more
John Weber, MCSE
John Weber, MCSE
Network Administrator,
I have QBPro 2009 and keep getting crashes with an error message...
UPDATE: I have crashed 5 times since writing... just tried to clear a transaction... almoat anything causes the crash. FYI - I have the datafiles on a NAS (program on local machine) I have QBPro 2009 … read more
DanMcAl
DanMcAl
1. I own a domain & hosted web. 30 email users.2. Want to
I own a domain & have a hosted web & 30 email users. Want to leave the web hosting at the current host BUT move email hosting. I need 5 users to be on Hosted MS Exchange Server with shared calendars &… read more
A home office in Detroit with 50 workers and the IT oper is
A home office in Detroit with 50 workers and the IT oper is housed here. Networking dept LAN's: Bus & Fin office, Staff Consultants, Admin and HR. These Lans run Window Adv serv and several NT 4.0 Ser… read more
David L
David L
Plan a high level backup and disaster recovery plan for a business. Discuss
Plan a high level backup and disaster recovery plan for a business. Discuss the security of the network and suggest best practices for securing the business network. The paper should be 1,050 to 1,400… read more
Bohack
Bohack
Administrator of Network Operations,
Technical or Trade School
My business has external locations that need to have web-filtering
My business has external locations that need to have web-filtering set up for them so that they cannot just browse anywhere on the Net. I would like to know if there is an affordable service out there… read more
Dave K
Dave K
Charter Captain & I.S. Director,