Andy Kalita
Andy Kalita, System Administrator
Experience:  MCP, MCTS, MCSA, A+, over 10 years of working IT experience
18458123

How do I connect internet to my Sony Bravia TV. I have Hughes

How do I connect internet to my Sony Bravia TV. I have Hughes Net internet with a wireless router. The Sony TV says it needs a bridge to the internet with a Lan connect to the TV

Tanks Carl

E-Mail [email protected]
Category: Networking
Expert:  Andy Kalita replied 6 years ago.

Andy Kalita :

Hello, I can help you with this. Do you know if your Sony TV has built in wireless? Or does it only has built in Ethernet port?

Andy Kalita :

Also, can you please tell me what is the model of your Sony Bravia TV?

Customer:

I'll get back to you when I get this information. At work . Will be this evening.

Andy Kalita :

Not a problem. I will be online later tonight as well.

Customer:

Sony Bravia model KDL-40XBR9. Operating manuel says to use a wireless bridge connected to a LAN input on the TV which will connect to the wireless router. What is and where can you purchase this bridge.

Andy Kalita :

Great, thanks for that info. Basically, i wanted to research it a bit more and make sure that there are no known compatibility issues between that TV and the wireless bridge that I was going to recommend to you

Andy Kalita :

Wireless bridge, is the device that enables Ethernet -enabled devices to connect to wireless network. Basically, you can think of it as a wireless adapter for TV (since most TVs can't use USB wireless adapters)

Andy Kalita :

The absolutely easiest to set up and configure wireless bridge, would be Linksys Wireless-N Dual Band Wireless Bridge

Andy Kalita :

for about $70 plush shipping/handling/tax

Andy Kalita :

or you can go down to your nearest Best Buy and purchase it for about $100. Either way, this device is pretty easy to configure, just follow the steps in the manual it came with. You may also need to refer to your TV's manual, during the set up process.

Andy Kalita :

Let me know if you have any other questions

Andy Kalita :

If my answer was helpful to you, please click Accept