Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

How do you reinsert a network adapter.

How do you reinsert a network adapter.
4/28/2011
ITCris
ITCris, System Administrator

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JA, I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

ITTechQ&A :

Your PC see's the wireless network however you are unable to connect? Correct?

Customer:

Yes

ITTechQ&A :

Do you have the security to connect to the router?

Customer:

My desktop sees the router but I a,m not sure if my laptop does. I am trying to reconnect to my laptop.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, so on the laptop is the wireless adapter built in or are you using a external wireless adapter?

Customer:

It is built in.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, now lower right hand corner near the clock in the wireless icon. When you open it do you see your wireless network on the list?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

I tried a external last night but it didn't work.

ITTechQ&A :

do the following, click on the windows logo start button then in the search box type in network and sharing then hit enter. The network and sharing box will appear click on "manage wireless network" top left.

Customer:

done

ITTechQ&A :

You should see a list of networks do you see the one you are trying to connect to?

Customer:

There is only one and it is the one I am trying to connect to.

ITTechQ&A :

Hightlight it and remove it.

ITTechQ&A :

When done the go to the wireless icon by the clock and try to connect to it you should be prompted for the key.

Customer:

Done but I did not enter the key.

ITTechQ&A :

Did it connect?

Customer:

It has not yet.

ITTechQ&A :

Is it trying to?

Customer:

I think it is.

Customer:

Iti is connected.

ITTechQ&A :

Great

Customer:

I am going to shut down and reboot and try again to see if it still works.

ITTechQ&A :

If I helped or fixed your issue, PLEASE click "Accept" leaving Positive Feedback to reward my time/effort. A bonus is appreciated.
Please "Reply" with additional questions/info rather then give Negative Feedback.

ITTechQ&A :

Sure no problem.

Customer:

This may take a minute. Sorry.

ITTechQ&A :

Sure I will be here on standby.

Customer:

It is installing updates.

ITTechQ&A :

ok

Customer:

it is working fine now.

Customer:

Thank You

ITTechQ&A :

Great!

ITCris
ITCris, System Administrator
ITCris
ITCris
ITCris, System Administrator