Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a netgear router rp614v3 and am trying to add a computer

Customer Question
to wireless network. The computer...
I have a netgear router rp614v3 and am trying to add a computer to wireless network. The computer is asking me for the WEP key. When I go in to the router on a computer that is already connected I cannot find "security settings" to retrieve WEP key
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
4/21/2011
Network Technician: Engineer John C., Networking Expert replied 6 years ago
Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless network and you will see the password:

1- Click here ---> 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

2- Default username is admin and password is password

3- Once logged in, click Wireless Settings

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be under "Security Options". If you see more than one password try with all of them.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

I have done this manyt times before on other computers so I am familiar with the process you suggested. I am running into issues because there is no "security settings" tab as an option

Setup Wizard

Setup
Basic Settings
Content Filtering
Logs
Block Sites
Block Services
Schedule
E-mail
Maintenance
Router Status
Attached Devices
Backup Settings
Set Password
Router Upgrade
Advanced
Port Forwarding
Port Triggering
WAN Setup
LAN IP Setup
Dynamic DNS
Static Routes
Remote Management
UPnP
Web Support
Knowledge Base
Documentation
Logout

These are my optionsTh

I have just checked the specifitacions, and found that the rp614v3 is not a wireless router. Are you sure this router is wireless or that's the right model number? Thank you

John Cappucci

Oh thats the problem- I just realized the router is connected to an Apple Airport- oops sorry I did not see this before, I am at my parents house and my brother set all this up. I know nothing about Apple equipment. So now how do I connect to the airport
OK. What Windows or Mac versions do your parents have? Windows 7, Mac computers, etc, etc? Thank you

John Cappucci
Engineer John C., Networking Expert