Ed
Ed, PC Technician
Experience:  10+ years in the computer repair industry
6518536

I keep getting the error message that my Belkin Setup/Router

I keep getting the error message that my "Belkin Setup/Router Monitor Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." And there is no solution that is found.

I've tried restarting my computer, I've unplugged and re-plugged in the router, and I've tried to uninstall and re-install the software. When I try to reinstall, it clocks for quite a while installing the 2nd(?) plugin - Video Mover, and then I receive the error message right after that. Is there a repair that is necessary to enable getting Video Mover installed? I'm not sure how to resolve this - I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

Thanks!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ed replied 6 years ago.

A1 Computers :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please reply back if a solution doesn't help immediately.

A1 Computers :

uninstall the belkin program. you do not need it oncethe router is setup

Customer:

Okay - but the wireless router isn't working -it isn't allowing any computer in my household to access the internet.

A1 Computers :

were they eve able to connect

Customer:

Yes - it's been working just fine for the past 2 months.

A1 Computers :

have you unpluggedan replugged the POWER to the router?

Customer:

Yes. That didn

Customer:

Yes - it didn't make a difference at all.

A1 Computers :

ok. With power plugged press and hold in the little reset button ont back of the router. Hold t pressed for 30 seconds. Then wait 30 seconds and then unplug power to both your modem and router, wait 30 seconds and reapply power.

Customer:

It's now working for 1 computer in the household, I will now restart the others and then check them.