Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer. Cisco, Microsoft and A+ certified.
23822421

Linskys e1000 default passwords?

Customer Question

What is my password ***** my cisco Linksys E1000 or how do I find it? I have lost connection to my

iPad (don't remember that password) reset my cisco now I need a password.

Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.

Ok, please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless network and you will see the password:

1- Click here ---> 192.168.1.1

2- You will be prompted for a login - leave the username blank and enter "admin" without the quotes for the password.

3- Once logged in, click Wireless, then click Wireless Security in the submenu below it. (If the "Wireless Security" option is not there, then click "Basic Wireless Settings")

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be on the bottom of this page. If you see more than one password ***** all of them.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this did nothing help
What Operative System version do you have on your wireless computerS ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i have an ipad that i am trying to connect to
====> What Operative System version do you have on your wireless computerS ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its is an ipad so it is a mac. but what i need to know is how to find out the password ***** cisco linksys e1000 so i can access the wifi i dont know if im asking the correct question because i am really tech challenged
OK. but what Operative System version do you have on your wireless COMPUTERS ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?) Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a wireless computer I have windows vista on my desk to and my ipad
OK. The default password ***** the E1000 is password ***** lowercase. If that doesn't work, then you will need to reset the router following the steps below:

Ok, please follow the steps below to reset the router. Please note the wireless network name will be changed to "linksys" or "Cisco" and no password ***** be asked (we can setup a password ***** all is working OK)

1- Make sure the wireless router is turned ON.

2- Press and hold down the "reset" button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. The reset button is inside a very tiny hole on the back of the router. Please use a paper clip to push it for 30 seconds

3- Then release the button and wait 60 seconds. (yes, 60 seconds please)

4- Then unplug the router from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and replug it to the electricity outlet

5- Make sure the internet modem is connected to the "WAN" or the "Internet" port on the back of the router

6- Unplug the internet modem from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and then replug it to the electricity outlet.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

8- Then connect from the iPad to the "Cisco" wireless network. When you are prompted to enter a password, enter the word password in lowercase.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

More about Linskys e1000 default password

The Linksys e1000 is a router that provides wireless internet capabilities. The default password is typically posted on the side of the equipment on a sticker. If it is not, your service provider should have the capability to reset it for you.

If not, you can also log on to the Linksys page to change your password and your IP address. The default IP used is 192.168.1.1. You will leave the username field blank and the password is admin, if you have not changed it. Once logged in you will be able to make any necessary changes.

If you need to find other information on your router you can do so on the Linskys website, or through an Expert.