Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

A router/access point channel conflict has been detected.

Customer Question
If you have problems printing...
A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning, improve your wireless network evironment.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
2/24/2011
Network Technician: sandy, Networking Engineer replied 6 years ago
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is Sandy and I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Where is your router located? Is it located distant to printer?

Well, I went out and bought a new printer to fix the same problem I had with my other printer. One is located in the same room as the router and this brand new printer is now sitting in the adjacent room. I can print wirelessly to the printer but when I try to scan it says that it says the computer is unable to connect to the printer. The NEW scanner printer I bought, spit out this piece of paper with the error message I gave you on it. It too, says that all the commuication checks have been passed.

I understand that you can print wireless on both of the printer. But, you are unable to scan on both of them.

Pleaes tell me the make and model of the new printer?

workforce 520 by EPSON

Could you please tell me the make of the router? linksys, netgear, belkin
linksys
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

no same message, and error has occurred when trying to communicate with your device.
Please try to select other channel from the list.
I did. It was on 5, I changed it to 6, re tried it, then I changed it to 1 and re tried it.
Pleease try all of them one by one.
sandy
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer