Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I forgot my Linksys E3000 router username and password

Customer Question
I forgot my Linksys E3000...

I forgot my Linksys E3000 router username and password.

Can you please help me?

Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Networking
2/5/2011
Network Technician: D.Sandlin, Network Administrator replied 7 years ago
D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator

Welcome to JustAnswer.

We need to reset the router to restore the username and password ***** its defaults..

Then once we reset it.. I assume, you will want to name your network again, and then secure it with a wireless password.

first to reset it, the e3000 must be powered on. Then, you need something small like a pin, or the tip of an inkpen.. to insert into the reset hole firmly and press the reset button for at least one minute. If you have done it correctly, you will see all the lights flash for a second together then go out for a second.. When that happens, unplug the router, and plug it back into its power cord.

Linksys E3000 router red reset button

The reset button is the very small hole marked in red.

Once reset.. we need to get back in the router, and set the network name and password

To do so
On a computer connected to the linksys now.
Click the link below
Click Me!!
On the page that comes up, it will ask for a username and password.
leave the username blank type in admin for the password

You are inside the router..

Click on wireless, where it says SSID.. this is your network name.. Name your network something simple.. Like My network, Or whatever seems appropriate. Then, click save settings apply.. Then.. right under wireless, click on the wireless security subtab,

where it says encryption, click it and change it to WPA2 psk

Where it says, PSK / Passphrase / Or Network key .. There is a text box to the right

In that text box is where You will have to type in a new password,

type it in.. and click apply / save settings.

Then.. The router will restart..

You have now reset your router, and secured it once again..

If you get stuck or have any questions, let me know.

Thanks..worked great..hua

Hua! Your welcome.

D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator