Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Huawei E585 WI-FI modem (with 3 mobile) will not run, instead

Customer Question
a FILES NEEDED box pops...
Huawei E585 WI-FI modem (with 3 mobile) will not run, instead a FILES NEEDED box pops up which says - The file 'ewusbdev.sys' on Huawei multimedia USN driver disk. Type the path where the file is located and click ok copy files from: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

Clicking ok does nothing so I have to cancel. I have a desktop PC

Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Networking
1/30/2011
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 6 years ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN
Obviously that is a prompt for driver software, during an installation.

To satisfy the prompt's demand(s), you will need an install disk for your device.

I can't find your device supported on Huawei nor Vodafone's support sites.

If you don't have a disk (or, never had such a disk nor if you did, ever installed the driver software on any machine you still have access to), then I will need to know more about what the device is - full brand name, sales name, place you bought it, full model information, at least.

Since there seems to be no source for this driver online - yet - I would advise posting a driver request in the Technical Forum at
http://forum.huawei.com/jive4/category.jspa?categoryID=3

huaweidevice.com, which at length was the only Huawei site that listed anything like downloads for their devices, came up blank on a search for E585 - that's why I need further model name information please.
Hi

Thanks for response but I had done a web search and came up blank.

It has come with 3 mobile (not Vodafone).

It is called Wireless modem Huawei E585 (a mobile wi-fi) bought from a 3 mobile shop. You literally attach modem to PC using usb cable and it is supposed to automatically connect and bring up the 'dashboard' - usage info etc.

It didn't come with any drivers/disk just the wireless modem and cable with not much info in booklet and 3 support not able to tell me anything other than they are not very technical and are sure issue lies with my PC.

Thanks
I am myself technically expert enough to know, when you hook a device to a PC by a USB cable, you often need driver software for it.
I am also expert enough to be quite sure of the error message you asked about: I've seen it dozens and dozens and dozens of times - and I know why it comes up and what it's about: Driver software. Needed. Not installed. (Or, sometimes, you can do a Search or Find on your C: Hard Disk, for the file name demanded, and if you find it, putting its Path (C:\foldername\foldername etc.) into the prompt, allows the file to be found and the demand satisfied. Try doing a search on your system for that filename, I did on mine and I found no such file, but your system may be different.)

(Or, double-check as to Windows version compatibility - what versions of Windows is your Huawei supposed to work with, and does your computer have one of those versions of Windows on it? see
Start - Control Panel - System to find the Windows version. If you have an earlier version of Windows, then maybe the file being demanded is included with the right versions of Windows, but not one as early as yours.)

And if the above doesn't turn out to be it:

If you didn't get a disk / CD / DVD from the 3Mobile shop when you bought the Huawei, then ask them about it and require it, or return it to them and get one or something similar from a better shop. Sometimes you have to put your foot down about quality, or it goes down the drain without a little insistence on it.

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated.
(If this answer is still in any way inadequate, just ask for further details and I will try to get the right and complete answer to you.)
Thanks for trying but I have not accepted as I had to take it to a shop - it was the PC not the wif fi. It now works but through the USB connection - not wirelessly.
Thanks for letting me know how it turned out.

If you would like a refund of your deposited money with JustAnswer, just ask and I will let Customer Service here at JustAnswer.com know, and they will process your refund promptly.
Russell H., Internet and LAN