Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have the Vizio wireless router XWR100. I cannot connect.

Customer Question
I have the Vizio wireless...

I have the Vizio wireless router XWR100. I can not connect to the http://vizio.home link or http://192.168.1.1 I have found that my ip address for this computer is 98.95.141.74 but I still can not connect to the Quick Start App to open the router software. What should I do? Thanks.

Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2011
Network Technician: Engineer John C., Networking Expert replied 7 years ago
Engineer John C., Networking Expert

Hello, I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you

Windows 7 64bit

Ok, please follow the steps below to reset the router. Please note the wireless network name will be changed to "Vizio" and no password will be asked (we can setup a password after all is working OK)

1- Make sure the wireless router is turned ON.

2- Press and hold down the "reset" button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. The reset button is inside a very tiny hole on the back of the router. Please use a paper clip to push it for 30 seconds

3- Then release the button and wait 60 seconds. (yes, 60 seconds please)

4- Then unplug the router from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and replug it to the electricity outlet

5- Make sure the internet modem is connected to the "WAN" or the "Internet" port on the back of the router

6- Unplug the internet modem from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and then replug it to the electricity outlet.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

Then please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7:

1- Please click Start, then Control Panel

2- Now click "View by: Large icons"

3- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

4- Click "Connect to a Network"

5- A list of wireless networks will show up. Please select your network ("Vizio") and then click "Connect"

6- If you are still prompted to enter a network password, please let me know

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

There are no Wireless network options when I click on Connect to a network.

Can you do a remote into my computer?

Is your computer Wireless? What's the brand and model of your computer? Thank you

I have an HP that has windows 7 with 1 terabyte hard drive. 2wire 471 wireless router from AT&T. I just bought a Vizio wireless BluRay player. Trying to setup wireless with bluray so bought the Vizio wireless router. I am no longer in my office so I don't know what model HP that I have.

OK, please let me know what do you get when you click "Connect to a Network", tomorrow. Thank you

When I click on "connect to a Network", it shows a house icon and Network

Internet Access. It doesn't show my 2Wire471 Router nor the Vizio Router.

I now have the choice of Vizio for a wireless network on my Vizio BluRay player and it says I am successfully connected but when I run a network test it times out.

Okay, I now have VIZIO network on my VIZIO BluRay player. It says that I am successfully connected to the network, but keeps timing out.

Let's try this FIRST:

1- Turn off your wireless router (and unplug it from the electricity outlet if it does not have a power button) BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

2- Turn off your internet modem (if you have one) and unplug it from the electricity outlet

3- Turn off your computer(s)

4- Turn off your wireless printer(s)

5- Wait 60 seconds

6- Turn them all ON again.

8- Try to connect

9- Please let me know if the issue is not solved.

Engineer John C., Networking Expert