Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I need the NETGEAR SSID NUMBER for my wireless router WGR614v7.

Customer Question

I need the NETGEAR SSID NUMBER for my wireless router WGR614v7. Serial no. 1J11737KO2FAE and MAC no. 001B2FO22020.

Thank you,

Thomas Customer [email protected]
Category: Networking
Expert:  Andrew replied 6 years ago.

Andrew :

Hello, when you say you need the SSID, do you mean you need the password XXXXX log on to your wireless network?

Customer :

I don't think so. The tutorial for programming the new printer is asking specifically for the SSID number.

Andrew :

ok. The SSID is jsut the name of the network, like when you join it with a laptop u click on teh name. thats what its asking for i believe

Andrew :

If this helped please let me know. If not come back on here and we can continue to troubleshoot your issue! :)

Customer :

I do not understand what you are saying. The tutorial is asking for a NUMBER, not the name of a network.

Customer :

Andrew, I am in the process of contacting LexMark for their assistance as you apparently are not able to answer my question. Thanks for your effort but please discontinue your search.

Andrew :

Sry i wasn't on

Andrew :

SSID = service set identifier

Andrew :

n SSID is also referred to as a network name because essentially it is a name that identifies a wireless network.

Andrew :

if you still require help please let me know, if not don't woryr about responding to this.