Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

where can I get firmware upgrade for Westell 7500 router/modem.

Customer Question
I have Current Version...
where can I get firmware upgrade for Westell 7500 router/modem. I have Current Version: VER:5.01.00.02
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Networking
12/9/2010
Network Technician: Bernie, Network Technician replied 7 years ago
Bernie
Bernie, Network Technician
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the JustAnswer.com expert assisting you today - Please add this page to your favorites for easy access again.

Unfortunately the company Westell doesn't offer the driver directly, if this is being used in tandem with Verizon, you'll need to download the latest VZAccess Manager to your computer desktop to get it working correctly.

http://www.vzam.net/download/Download.aspx

It is also possible that a program called SlimDrivers can find and help you update your Westell modem indirectly:

http://www.driverupdate.net/
Click the orange download button and install it to your computer. Then run the scan. Try to find your westell router/modem in the list. If you find it, make sure to click the ignore checkbox for the other updates, then click download now next to the westell update.

Please feel free to ask for further instructions, I'll be happy to assist you
Make sure to press ACCEPT if you find my answer to be helpful
(Even if you are a subscriber or trial member)

Leave positive feedback, it is very important to us, thank you.
I see that you haven't responded for a while. Do you still need help with your issue?

I'd be more than happy to continue assisting you - if my suggestions didn't work we can try other things until your problem is fixed. Otherwise I can only hope that your problem has been fixed. Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

If my solution worked, please click the ACCEPT button so that your good faith deposit reaches me and I am paid for my work.
Bernie
Bernie
Bernie, Network Technician