Biajja Chiemara
Biajja Chiemara, PC Technician
Experience:  14 years Computer IT, Programmer, Networking
44474695

I cannot setup my wireless router. I have linksys E2000. My

I cannot setup my wireless router. I have linksys E2000. My new computer is Asu Eee PC. It has no CD outlet. Can I download the setup?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Biajja Chiemara replied 7 years ago.
Hi, hope this helps

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/linksys/E2000

just click on the downloads link near the center of the page and then pick your version and you can download the drivers for the router. Install them and then connect and power your router and you should be in business.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried that and it said it could not find my router
Ok, connect your router to the modem, then connect the power to the router.

On the bottom of that router (I believe) is a small reset button. It will be tiny and inset so you will have to press it with a pin or a paperclip. Once you find it, press it in and hold it for 30 seconds, then release and let the router start up again.

This will reset the router back to factory "out-of-the-box" condition. Message me when you get to this point.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok I held the reset button for 30 sec and restarted
good

Now with the router all started back up, make sure that your internet modem (DSL or Cable modem) is restarted. Simply unplug it for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.

While the modem is restarting, plug the ethernet cable that came with the linksys router into the ethernet port on the back of the modem and then into the "Internet" port on the back of the linksys router, then plug an ethernet cable into one of the other ports on the back of the linksys router to the ethernet port on the back of your computer.

Once you have done this, then try to run the linksys software setup program. It should find your router now.
I have attached detailed instructions straight from the website in order to help guide you.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&docid=e30f926604334d538668529cb50ad174_21463.xml

Edited by Biajja Chiemara on 8/15/2010 at 11:49 PM EST