Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a EZ Book PC-7 Netbook and am unable to connect to Interne

Customer Question
t. Thanks for your...
I have a EZ Book PC-7 Netbook and am unable to connect to Interne t. Thanks for your attention.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Networking
7/29/2010
Network Technician: Kyle, Certified Networking Engineer replied 7 years ago
Kyle
Kyle, Certified Networking Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Artemis-techie :

hi there my name is XXXXX XXXXX ill be happy to assist you

Customer :

fine thanks, XXXXX XXXXX also?

Artemis-techie :

im great thank you

Artemis-techie :

ok are you connected to a router? if so what is the make and model

Customer :

I guess so, It is a linksys for home use. WRT54G

Artemis-techie :

ok great thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you connected to it, Wired or wireless?

Customer :

WIRELESS

Artemis-techie :

o ok and the computer you are using at the moment, is this connected to the same router and if so is it wired or wireless?

Customer :

SAME AND WIRELESS.

Customer :

WHEN I BRING UP THE ICON FOR CONNECTING ON THE INTERNET I SEE THE FOLLOWING

Customer :

ADDRESS TYPE DHCP

Customer :

IP ADDRESS: 0.0.0.0 SUBNET MASK 0.0.0.0

Artemis-techie :

ok great can you do the following on the computer you are using at the moment.

Artemis-techie :

press windows key and R, this will bring up the run window

in the run window please type cmd

this will open command prompt, in command promt type ipconfig

please tell me what the IP address, subnet mask and default gatway is

Customer :

WHERE DO i FIND THE WINDOWS KEY AND r?

Artemis-techie :

the windows key is the one between alt and Ctrl on the left of your keyboard

Customer :

SEEMS TO JUST FLASH ON THEN OFF THE SCREEN

Customer :

To fast for me to read anything

Customer :

after I type in ipconfig and press the windows and R keys

Artemis-techie :

you must press windows key and R to gether that will open another window, in this window type cmd

Artemis-techie :

this will open command prompt, in command prompt type ipconfig , this will display the infomation i need

Artemis-techie :

Customer :

unfortunately that did not open command prompt. I have tried both ipconfig and cmd. a black screen shows up with minimal infor re windows, but none of the other necessary info.

Customer :

By the way, what shows is microsoft 1998-2001

Artemis-techie :

ok what operating system is on your netbook?

Customer :

Windows embedded cE6-- can't read the last two numbers

Customer :

excuse me, it is 6.0

Artemis-techie :

im sorry im not familliar with this software, ill opt out and let another expert assist you. thanks

Customer :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX check back soon.

Customer :

I have found the IP address subnet mask and default gateway numbers if that would help. Also the DNS on this computer.

Customer :

HELLO. IT'S BEEN OVER 24 HOURS SINCE LAST HEARING FROM YOU. PLEASE NOTIFY IF UNABLE TO COMPLETE MY REQUEST. THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION. DW.

Customer :

Here I am again. I have further info, but need answers. Thanks.

Kyle
Kyle
Kyle, Certified Networking Engineer