Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

MY WIRELESS CONECTION FROM BROADBAND TO LAPTOP HAS FAILED BUT…

Customer Question
MY WIRELESS CONECTION FROM BROADBAND...
MY WIRELESS CONECTION FROM BROADBAND TO LAPTOP HAS FAILED BUT WIRELESS MOUSE STILL WORKS
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/30/2010
Network Technician: Molinari, PC Technician replied 8 years ago
Molinari
Molinari, PC Technician
What version of windows are you using?
What is the make and model of wireless router?
How long has this been happening?
I'm using an ASPIRE 5315
Is it Windows XP, or VIsta?
How long has this been happening?

(1)VISTTA

(2) HOME HUB2.0 BT

(3) TWO DAYS

Ok, first try a system restore to a few days ago when it was working:

Using System Restore in Windows

There are two places that you can use the system restore feature from. From within Windows, you can just type restore into the Start menu search box, and you’ll immediately see System Restore at the top of the start menu:

systemrestore.png

Or you can type rstrui into the search box and hit enter. Your choice.

You will immediate see a screen where you can choose to roll back the system to the last restore point. You can select “Recommended restore”, and just click next, or you can choose a different restore point.

systemrestore2

If you do choose a different restore point, you will see a list of restore points that you can choose from. How many times have I typed the word choose at this point?

You’ll notice in the screenshot below that the last thing I did was install Virtual CloneDrive to mount ISO images, but right before that I installed the NVIDIA drivers.

systemrestore3

Click one of them, and you will have to confirm and then restart your computer to roll the system back.

systemrestore4

Note: For best results, you should run System Restore from safe mode.

If you receive an error while restoring, then use it from safe mode and it should work fine. To get into Safe mode, you can reboot and use the F8 key right before Windows starts up.

Let me know if that works.....

You did not solve my problem
Does the computer see the wireless network at all?
YOU STILL HAVE NOT SOLVED MY PROBLEM
I'm not a mind reader, I keep asking you questions to try to figure out where the problem lies, and you failed to answer them.
Therefore I will opt out and let another expert "guess" at what is happening.

Edited by Molinari on 6/30/2010 at 1:19 PM EST
What more imformation do you need??????????
Network Technician: Christopher Bessler, LAN/WAN Engineer replied 8 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, LAN/WAN Engineer
Hello. If you are still interested in pursuing support on this question, I will try to assist you.

The first thing I will need to know is whether or not your computer is able to see your home wireless network.
Without this information, it is going to be very difficult to troubleshoot.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed.