D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Experience:  5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)
19897260

1. I have Verizon wireless plug-in modem/card , I keep getting

Customer Question

1. I have Verizon wireless plug-in modem/card?, I keep getting new connection numbers for the same device I am up to VZM 12? can this be corrected without removing the whole program and reinserting the Verizon Disc?
2. I need help freeing up space on my hard drive D. I'm warned I could lose data and have to get an expert to do it. Is there any free repair links to fix this problem for a HP Notebook, Pavilion dv5, windows upgraded to Win 7? Thank You.
Category: Networking
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 8 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

do you have two hard drives on your computer?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I believe so, it has a C and D drive/disc space and the E drive for DVD/CD's. The D one is for the Recovery.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 8 years ago.
thanks... also,, if you could.. what is the name brand and model of your computer?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
HP Pavilion dv5-1002nr Entertainment Notebook PC. Originally came with Windows Vista, I purchased the upgrade for Windows 7.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 8 years ago.
So you did already upgrade to windows 7 then?

is there anything else i should know about the computer before we attempt to clean out some space on the drive.

do you have windows dual booted?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes I have used the upgrade for vista to windows 7. go ahead and try to clean some space on the hard drive. I tried during the break to remove some old restore points not sure if it did anything, it still shows low disc space. I don't know what dual booted means.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 8 years ago.
Ok.. question.. do you have any videos or movies saves to your hard drive that you could get rid of..

video takes up quite a lot of space.. and deleting some videos is a quick way to free up some space..

also.. could you download this free program..

http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml

once downloaded .. install it.. it will allow us quickly to see which folders are taking up the most room..

let me know what the top four or five folders are.. thanks.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 8 years ago.
I see you accepted... That doesnt mean that we are done yet... Just wanted to let you know im still here..

let me know the folder list.. or if you have issues installing the program.. also let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I downloaded the program it gave me TreeSize Personal I ran it and it shows Drive C and the first 5 are from kaspersky log files. 1st says KAV.9.0.0.736_06.05 01.13 584.SRV.log Size states 1,983.6 MB. Is this what you asked for?

I tried to get it to check the Drive D but it kept doing the C? I copied it to the clipboard but don't know how to get it to you. I also tried to put it in a save file both are taking up more space.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 8 years ago.
im sorry.. i dont think i was clear before..

. on the window tree size shows.. click on where it says size. and it will arrange the folders from largest to smallest in size..

then.. let me know what folders take up the most space..

possibly.. do you know how to take a screen shot?

with treesize on the screen assorted by size..

press the PrtSc button thats above the backspace bar and hold it down..

then click start

where it says all programs, theres a text box below that..

type in paint and press enter..

when paint opens.. point your cursor into the middle of the paint screen..

and press control and V

you should see an image of your screen pop up

now at the top left click the blue down arrow by the save buuton..

click save as.. choose the desktop for the location..

and then.. save the file as a jpeg..

then.. upload the file and send it to me.. and ill be able to see all thats on your screen with tree size running..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm having trouble getting the file to the paint section I will try again later today, I'm tried and frustrated so I will try your suggestions and try to send you the information later today. I did get part of the D drive info and it shows alot of wierd languages like protect chinese...177.6KB, all types of these files taking up space on the D drive. It is probably why I couldn't defrag the D drive it says 63% defrag when I tried to analyse the drives. If I can't get it to download to you can you give me a way to safely remove these language files? If not maybe I can get you to remote access the darn thing to help fix the drive.Frown Either way thankyou for your patience and advice. good night.
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 8 years ago.
No problem.. Get some sleep..

Ill respond to your next message as soon as i see it..

cant do remote support though.. its against site policy here..

but i assure you.. we willl work through it..