Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

where is my pass code for my linksis roughter wrt54g serial…

Customer Question
where is my pass code...
where is my pass code for my linksis roughter wrt54g serial cdfg1g500890
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/27/2010
Network Technician: Erik B., Network Admin replied 8 years ago
Erik B.
Erik B., Network Admin

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

There are two basic ways you can recover your wireless key, or passcode. Please try either method and let me know if you get stuck. Try to be as specific as possible if you do have a problem.

If you have a computer that is already connected wirelessly, you can download and run the WirelessKeyView tool on your computer from here:

http://tiny.cc/Glg4q

Simply click the link above, and a ZIP file will be downloaded to your computer. Extract the file by opening it and then choosing Extract All Files. Then run the WirelessKeyView application. If it works, the tool will display your key in plain text (look in the Key(AscII) column). If that doesn't work, then you can use the instructions below to get the key directly from your Linksys.

1. Open your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, etc) and go to http://192.168.1.1/.
  2. When prompted, leave the username blank and type admin for the password. These are the default values and may not work on your router. Please let me know if they do not.
  3. When the router's configuration opens, click on the Wireless tab. Here you wireless network name will be displayed in the SSID box. Make sure this name matches the network you are trying to join.
  4. Next click on the Wireless Security sub-tab. Here your password XXXXX be displayed in plain text. If you are using WEP, it will be listed in the Key #1 box. If you are using WPA, it will be listed in the Pre-Shared Key box (may also be called the Passphrase box).
  5. Enter that password XXXXX your computer when prompted and you should get connected to your network.