Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

get media state media disconnected from ipconfig cannot conect…

Customer Question
get media state media disconnected...
get media state media disconnected from ipconfig cannot conect to internet, can't get IP Address!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/27/2010
Network Technician: D.Sandlin, Network Administrator replied 8 years ago
D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

are you trying to connect wirelessly...

or are you trying to connect to a lan?

Had Comcast support on the phone for over an hour. Tried connecting directly to cable mode. Didn't work. Tried using the wireless router, didn't work. Can't get an IP Address. At comcastg suggestion, went to Dunkin Donuts to try WiFi. Same problem, I can't connect to the internet. I can connect to a wireless network.

Ok.. you say you can connect to a wireless network ?

then here is what i want you to try..

click start, all programs accessories, right click command prompt.

left click run as admin

then..

type in each of the following and hit enter.

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

hit enter after each.. Then..

Restart the computer!

now try to connect to any wireless network..

let me know what happens.

I did all of the commands. Each said successful. Rebooted Still no joy. Did I tell you I am running Vista?

Yes.. at the beginning..

id like you to check this next

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

type in devmgmt.msc and press enter

then. under the section for network adapters..

double left click it..

now tell me what you see listed here.

thanks

Intel(R) PRO/1000 PL Network Connection

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Apologies for the delay.. Just seen your message..

Ok.. on both of the intel pro network adapters you seen..

Id like you to right click.. and then disable..

Then.. right click . and enable each of them

also .. I would like to know the full name brand and model of your computer..

Thanks