Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

ti cant seem to get hooked up

Customer Question
ti cant seem to get hooked up
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/26/2010
Network Technician: LANCAT, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
LANCAT
LANCAT, Computer Support Specialist
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
What is the device you are tryting to connect to the laptop and what service are you looking for please explain.

my majic jack isthis charge a time deal thts alll i want

All you need to do is remove the MJ and uninstall the existing MJ software installed in the computer you can check in the add/remove program in the control panel remove it restart the computer and then follow the steps below.

Plug your magicJack into any Windows XP, Vista, or Intel based Mac
Plug any phone into your magicJack
Register your magicJack by following the steps below
Wait for the screen below to appear (MAC users need to click Start
MagicJack). Once the screen is up, enter your email and password XXXXX
click Next

If you want to use the email you used while ordering your magicJack,
select "Add a new number to my existing account for this new jack" and
click Next
Enter your address for 911 purposes and click next

Select your State/Province, Area code, and Prefix. Make sure to check the
box to elect outgoing service and click next

Read the Terms of Service (TOS) and check to the box to agree to these
and click next

Confirm your information and click activate If any of the information is
incorrect, you can use the back button to make adjustments

Your magicJack softPhone should appear within a few seconds

For your 911 address to be activated and show up on the softPhone follows these
steps:
Click menu on your softPhone

Highlight Advanced Users and click Restart
and you are all set to go..

If still not working then the MJ needs a replacement you may contact the live chat personal from majicjack for a replacement.

http://www.magicjack.com/techchat/