Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

i have a wrt54g2 router. I can connect to the internet by…

Customer Question
i have a wrt54g2 router...
i have a wrt54g2 router. I can connect to the internet by cable, but not wirelessly.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/25/2010
Network Technician: Engineer John C., Networking Expert replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Is this the first time setup for the wireless router or was working before ?

Thank you

John Cappucci

It used to work.

Ok, please follow the steps below on WIndows XP

1- Click Start, then Control Panel

2- Double click on "Network Connections"

3- Right click your "Wireless Network Connection" and select "View Available Wireless Networks"

4- Now you will see a window with a list of network names. Select your wireless network name and click "Connect"

5- If you are requested to enter the network key, type it. If you don't remember it, please let me know.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
My computer is a business computer with VPN. It shows the name of the network, but it won't connect, show signal strength or prompt for a key.

I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you
ok, thanks.

I think that if it is a VPN connection you should be working with the network administrator of your business.

However if another expert has another idea you will receive it by email (you don't have to wait online)

Thank you

John Cappucci

I reset the router to its original factory settings, and it worked like magic.

BTW, to be blunt, I don't think you tried very hard to help. I won't use this service again, and will not recommend it to others.

No problem.

Thank you for your reply!