Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Hi. How can I find my wireless password

Customer Question
Hi. How can I...
Hi. How can I find my wireless password?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/25/2010
Network Technician: Networking101, System Administrator replied 8 years ago
Networking101
Networking101, System Administrator

Hi and thanks for your question!

I assume this is a WEP or WPA key (password) that you have set and cant remember?

The only way to POSSIBLY get to the password XXXXX XXXXX up your browser and type in the address of your router in the address box (it's going to be something like 192.168.1.1). This should take you to the router login screen.

Here you will need to suppy the username/password XXXXX you set the router up. If you didn't change it, simply follow the link below to find the default uername/password XXXXX your router type.

http://www.routerpasswords.com/

After logging in, go to the security tab and your WEP or WPA key will be there.