Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am having trouble with making my belkin g router update.

Customer Question
I keeps telling me it...
I am having trouble with making my belkin g router update. I keeps telling me it can't connect to firmware server. Double check WAN connection. Can you access thios and tell me what the problem is? Everything seems to be working properly.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/24/2010
Network Technician: RobCat98, Consultant replied 8 years ago
RobCat98
RobCat98, Consultant

what is the model number of the router.

here are instructions for doing it

http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&aid=5947

you probably have to have your comptuter connected via ethernet cable rather then wireless.

basic procedure is to download the firmware update to your computer

save it in a known location

log in to the router using your internet explorer

select firmware update

browse to the file you saved on your computer

tell it ok you really want to do this several times

Edited by RobCat98 on 6/24/2010 at 7:59 PM EST
Rob, model # XXXXX

yes the above procedure should work

here are instructions for doing it

save it in a known location

select firmware update

here is a link where you can download the firmware update. you must first download and save the update to your computer then you can do the update by pointing the router to the file you downloaded and saved you might need to disable your firewall while doing it

http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&aid=5027

Edited by RobCat98 on 6/24/2010 at 9:54 PM EST