Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

He was great, but I still dont have my network setup for all…

Customer Question
He was great, but I...
He was great, but I still don't have my network setup for all computers. I have 3 not working. The wizard tells you to have all computers connected to the internet. Create the Network, save to USB, and take to each comp. If the other computers aren't on line to begin with, is that what's affecting this?
sal
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 day by:
6/24/2010
Network Technician: Christopher Bessler, LAN/WAN Engineer replied 8 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, LAN/WAN Engineer
OK, I will be happy to try to assist you with your question, but first I need a little more information.

What exactly is the overall goal here?
It sounds like you are trying to do more than just get 4 computers on the network.
Are all the machines using Windows XP?
Are they all wireless or wired network connections?

Let me know...
Trying to get 5 computers on network and 1 XBox Live
And what is the current status?
How many computer are able to connect?
Is the XBOX able to connect?
I managed to at least get the computers all able to go internet using the router. However, none of them are on the same network,
Is that because of a work group problem? Or is it how the IP addresses are configured.

Let me know...

Not sure why it is, just know, that we're all on different ones. Each of our IP addresses are the same except the last 3 numbers (100, 101, 102, 103, 104). If I go back to start a new network, they all end up not getting on except mine.