Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have just bought netgear wireless_G router for my husband…

Customer Question
I have just bought netgear...
I have just bought netgear wireless_G router for my husband who is an invalid. I amfollowing the instructions toset up internet access no cd, and I can never get past the loading to the next step that says enter router user name admin...pls help me....rosie
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2010
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 8 years ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician
Good day Rosie,

I look forward to helping you fix this problem.

What is the full model of your netgear router?

When you enter admin for the username and password XXXXX the password, does it allow you to login?

Thank you.
I have never gone that far.. i type in the www.routerlogin.net hit enter and just sit here
Try this:

- Plug the computer into one of the four LAN ports on the router
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to http://192.168.0.1

Does the login window come up now?

After you login, follow the instructions included with the router and you will be up in no time flat.

Please, update me on your status if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Jason