Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

How can I connect my router to my computer

Customer Question
?...
How can I connect my router to my computer ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/22/2010
Network Technician: Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager

The cable from the modem should be plugged into the Internet labeled input on the back of the router.

What is the make and model of the router you are using? And is this been used before or is it brand new?

It is a Lynksys

model (WRT54GS)

On the back of the router, where the cables plug in, can you find the small circular button labeled reset?

Press and hold in the reset button (you might need something like a paper clip to reach it) for approximately 60 seconds. Make sure that the cable from the modem is connected into the port labeled internet on the router before doing this.

After letting the router reset, right click the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen, choose connect to network, and in the window that opens find your wireless network, click on it and choose connect

I am required to post this as an answer, so only click on Accept Answer if you are able to connect to your wireless network. Otherwise do not click on Accept Answer and post back here so we can find a better solution.

Hi did you receive my information?

I'm still waiting so I could fianlly restore my internet service.

Sincerely, Karen

Yes I did, did you follow the instructions from my last post?