Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

my computer used to run windows XP but i upgraded it to windows…

Customer Question
my computer used to...
my computer used to run windows XP but i upgraded it to windows 7. it wasn't satisfying because it became slow. the person i talked to last time told me that windows 7 needs an absolute minimun of 2 GB in order to run with acceptable performance. is there a way i could go back to windows XP and will this help improve the performance of my computer. if not how do i purchase an additional memory (RAM) for my computer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/21/2010
Network Technician: Sohail, LAN/WAN Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sohail
Sohail, LAN/WAN Engineer
Hi

Yea its true to have more RAM for windows 7.If you have 2 or 4GB RAM than your windows 7 will run easily.Yes you can reinstall windows XP again and it will run more faster with 2 GB RAM as compared to windows 7.Windows XP is much lighter windows than windows 7.Just buy XP CD and install it.Besides if you want to buy a RAM you can go to any computer shop and ask for 2GB RAM.Also tel them which model and system you are using so they can identify the RAM type.I hope it will solve the issue.

Regards
my computer has only 1 GB but works good with XP before. do i still need to add RAM if i reinstall XP and i think i have backup for my XP before i installed windows 7. the problem is i dont know how to reinstall it. can you help me with this?
Hi

For XP u dont need to upgrade the RAM.I think 1 GB is enough.I suggest to buy RAM only u want to install windows 7.Yes you can reinstall but only from windows CD.Do u have XP CD.
i dont have XP CD since its been XP when i bought my computer. i don't remember but do you think the cd goes with the computer upon purchase?
Hi

I think you need to buy a new CD for that and try to reinstall it again using it.Sometimes they give u computer with CD and sometimes they just install it for you.If they dont give you the CD with computer than you need to buy it again.

Regards
thanks for the info
My Pleasure