Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have restored my Inspiron B120 to its origginal cond. I am…

Customer Question
I have restored my Inspiron...
I have restored my Inspiron B120 to its origginal cond. I am 4 ft from my Netgear router/wireless and the laptop finds the signal but says it cannot connect. The 'Repair" does not resolve it. Whats next?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/19/2010
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Next plug the computer into the router with a network cable and reboot and verify Internet access then click Start, right click My Computer then click Manage then Device Manager then find the wireless adapter and right click on it and click Update then reboot and retest (after unplugging the network cable).

I have done all you suggested but still it will not connect. The unit does connect through the cable but not wireless.
sorry for my absense, do you have any more suggestions?

Yes. Next let me know if there is a yellow sign by the wireless device in Device Manager.

Also, when you try to connect do any errors appear?

After trying to connect to the wireless network click Start then in the Run box type CMD and press Enter and then when the command line opens type 'ipconfig /all' and press enter. Next, right click the bar at the top of the command line window and click Edit then Select All. Next, right click the top bar again and select Edit then Copy and then click this text box and press CTL and V keys at the same time to paste the command line output here so I can review.