Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My IPad is requesting a password to connect to my home Wi-Fi.

Customer Question
My IPad is requesting a...
My IPad is requesting a password XXXXX connect to my home Wi-Fi. Problem is that my AirPort Express home Wi-Fi does not have a password. How do I connect my IPad to my home network?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/19/2010
Network Technician: RobCat98, Consultant replied 8 years ago
RobCat98
RobCat98, Consultant

you need to get into the router and create a wep or wpa key. then use that key in the ipad. most likely it does have a key already. but it was stored in your other computers the first time it was logged in and so you no longer realize you have one.

you can log into the router by putting 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of the internet explorer. those are the two most common default addresses for routers

most common default user name and passwords are

admin blank password

admin admin

blank user admin password

if none of these work or the ip addresses dont get the router give me the exact make model number of the router and i will find the defaults for you.

once you are in the router go to the wireless section

go to security

see what security is on it and the key. add a key if you have to.

I am sorry, but I was not able to access my router.

and can you give me the exact make and model of the router please

did you get the router but could not log in ?

what did you get instead?

Its an Apple Router, model AirPort Extreme.

No, I was unable to access the router.

Nothing.
By the way, my IPod Touch is connected to the same Wi-Fi and works flawlessly!

i cant find a default ip for that router and mac's are not really my thing. try hooking into it with an ethernet cable and then using those ip addresses otherwise i am going to opt out and let somebody else pick up the question

Relist: Answer didn't solve problem..
Answer didn't solve problem.