Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I would like to conect my desk computor and laptop to my livebox…

Customer Question
I would like to conect...
I would like to conect my desk computor and laptop to my livebox mini how do you do this please
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2010
Network Technician: D.Sandlin, Network Administrator replied 8 years ago
D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

what are the versions of windows on the desktop

and on the laptop?
both are running widows xp
This is how you do so..

first look on the botton of the livebox ..

there should be a security key or password XXXXX ( maybe it says network key)

then..

go on one of the xp computers. and try to connect wirelessly to the live box.. do you see it?

If so.. then double click on the live box network to connect..

Dont enter the password XXXXX this time.. Instead. press the sync button on the livebox and you will see the wifi light blinking rapidly..

then..

quickly click connect on the computer.. and enter the password XXXXX found on the bottom of the live box.

You should now have one computer connected.. do the same for other..
We have tryed connecting the laptop to our Live box but it doesn't connect or it connects for about 5 seconds and disconnects please can you give us more tips and advice please!!!
Ok..

could you try to connect the same way with your desktop and let me know if it can connect or not..

if it can connect and the laptop cannot.. Then we know the livebox is good to go, and that tells us to forcus on the desk top
we have tryed to connect the desktop the same way but it still does not connect!
are you pressing the sync button on the live box right before you attempt to connect?

When you try to connect .. is it asking you for your wep key?

yes we are pressing the sync button before we attempt to connect

and it is not asking for a WEP key.

not asking for a wep key?

That is the issue i believe..

do you have the cd that came with the livebox?

yes we have the cd that came with it but we can not find it at the moment!

Then heres what we need to do..

You can download the cd from the lnk below

http://zxon.notnet.co.uk/orange/zip/CD2.zip

once downloaded. you need to unzip it,, and then run the installation program..

It will guide you through setting up the livebox internallty to enable it to connect to your computers again..

You may need to reset the live box first before trying this..

To reset it .. look on the back of the livebox untill you see the small reset hole.. use a safety pin or a small nail to poke inside the hole and press the reset button untill all the lights flash..

This will clear out the old settings and allow you to reconfigure the live box..

Then you would use the cd, as it has an automated program to help you.