Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a wrt310n router hooked up to a starband system and…

Customer Question
I have a wrt310n router...
I have a wrt310n router hooked up to a starband system and i get unhooks every few min sometimes sn others it will stay for up to an hour. I have a Hp laptop g71-340us notbook and we also have a compaq model cq60-420us.

Can you tell us what is wrong and how to fix it.

Thank you XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/16/2010
Network Technician: sandy, Networking Engineer replied 8 years ago
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
Hello Sir/madam,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. However, in case I am running out of ideas, I will transfer it to other experts.

Does the signal gets disconnected all of the computer or only one computer.
all computers
I have hooked up to the modem direct and it did not disconnect
It means it is an issue with the router. Please reset your router first.

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Linksys-Router

Note: Resetting your router would disconnect your wireless connection on the laptop. We can connect it later. Other two computer are desktop and connected by a cable to router. Correct!
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
yes we are both connected by cable
Relist: Incomplete answer.
could not answer question

we are both connected
good if both of them are connected. Please reset your router once.
I have reset it
it has been on and then off and now back on
Unplug or turn off your DSL/cable modem.

At the back of the linksys router, please check Reset Button.

Press, and hold, the Reset button down for 30 seconds.

Wait for your Power, WLAN and Internet light to turn on.
Plug in or turn on your modem.

Now, check your internet connection.
it is working on both wired and wireless right now but for how long
I am online with you. Any time, if you have issue, ping me. You will find me always here.
how do I do that?
you will post and in the post mention Sandeep or sandy.
That did not solve the problem. I have losat it several times since
Which security do you have on your computers?
do you see a reset button at the router so that you can press it?
I have avast home additrion on the computer. the reset is in the baCK OF THE router.
well I guess you cannnot help me

do not charge my account
Please unplug or turn off your DSL/cable modem.
Locate , on the back of your Linksys router, the small button that reads Reset
Wait for your Power, WLAN and Internet light to turn on. (On the router)
Plug in or turn on your modem.(if it is separate from the router)

Now, let us reset it manually by entering the router interface as under:

Open your web browser. Delete everything from the address bar and type in 192.168.1.1 and hit "Enter."

Now it will ask you for username and password

username=keep it blank(do not type in anything in this box)
password=admin

or (if this does not work)

Use "Admin" as the username in the pop-up box and leave the password XXXXX
If this does not work,

Now,

Under Wireless, Go to Basic wireless settings, Wireless security and click an option disable. Or click the option, Reset router to facory settings. Now click apply.

If still you face some problem, please uninstall avast security and check it.