Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a Linksys wireless broadband router, SN CNP01FC07474,

Customer Question
Model WRT300N V1. When I try...
I have a Linksys wireless broadband router, SN CNP01FC07474, Model WRT300N V1.
When I try to connect my iPhone, it asks for a password XXXXX "Poynton." I had some other issues with iPhone, fixed by Apple this pm. It connected fine before.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Network Technician: Ansh P., Network Administrator replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Network Administrator

Is it asking for network key?

No
What it is asking for than? Have you tried giving your router's network password?
Just password. I haven't asked for network pw.
Try giving the network password. It is asking for that.
Where do I find?

You can do this:

Use an ethernet wire to connect the router to the computer or if its already connected using wireless you can directly follow these steps:

Open Internet Explorer >

Type http://192.168.1.1 in Address bar >

Hit Enter >

Login page for Router will open >

Leave the user name blank. And use admin for password. If that fails, type admin for both username and password >

Hit Enter >

Click on the wireless tab >
Click on the "Wireless Security" tab >
In this page you can setup a WEP password XXXXX save it and restart the router >

This will be your new key.

Let me know, how it goes.

Can't figure out how to setup WEP password.
Sorry, I am out of options. I will open this for other experts.