Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have been using aol9.5 and now I cant get online using that.

Customer Question
I have been using aol9.5...
I have been using aol9.5 and now I can't get online using that. I can connect to the internet, but my usual way of getting onlin eis nessed up.??

Michelle
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/15/2010
Network Technician: sandy, Networking Engineer replied 8 years ago
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
Hello Michelle,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. However, in case I am running out of ideas, I will transfer it to other experts.

Could you please inform me about the changes on AOL? What is stopping you to go online using AOL 9.5?
I open aol9.5 and it gives me error message 23-UVRI. Not sure what that means. I can open aol in other versions but not the normal one I use. Yesterday I was doing something and the computer screen went blue with a message to shut my computer down since then I haven't been able to log on to aol the same way.
Either it is a malware(virus) on the computer or AOL is gone corrupt.

First of all, I would suggest you to scan your computer using the free version of anti-malware software.

http://malwarebytes.org/

Click Download (free version). After that click download now, under Malwarebytes, Anti-malware. Now,on the next page you might see, "Your download will begin in a moment. If it doesn't, "click here" to try again". If you do not see Run, please click, "Click Here". Then click Run, Run again and install this software.

After that, click Quick scan and click start.

It will take around 10-15 minutes to scan. Once the scan is complete. You will see a link, "Select All". You will click "Select All". After that you will click "Remove Selected"

Then you will see a pop up with options, Yes or No. Click Yes and this would restart your computer.

Now, try to Launch AOL again. If you get this error message, please uninstall AOL9.0 as under:
Click Start, Control panel, programs and Features (Add or Remove if you have window xp). Now, uninstall AOL.

Restart your computer and reinstall it back using the link given below:

http://daol.aol.com/software/95/

If you get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.