Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My network has disappeared. It still shows I have one, but…

Customer Question
My network has disappeared....
My network has disappeared. It still shows I have one, but I can't hook my wireless laptop to it, and my wife's desktop is not and will hook up either. Help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2010
Network Technician: Phil Lovatt MCP CCNA, Certified Networking Engineer replied 8 years ago
Phil Lovatt MCP CCNA
Phil Lovatt MCP CCNA, Certified Networking Engineer

Could you please try your wireless laptop with the Ethernet cable and plug it in to your router so that we can check if it is a wireless problem?

Could you also verify if your wife's desktop pc is hard wired to the router or is it wireless too?

Finally do you have the wireless key that you need to access your network as it may be that it has just lost the password?

Regards,