Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Im looking for a way to restore a 2 files that is in my sent…

Customer Question
I'm looking for a way...
I'm looking for a way to restore a 2 files that is in my sent folder. One file is working (a pdf file), but when i download the other file (document file), it does not work. Is there a way to recover it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 8 years ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome.

With the second file, what type is it?

docx.

word document made through 2007 version.

ok thanks.

Can you pelase forward the email again to yourself and then try.

If you still have problems, please tell me what error messages you see, or detail what happens when you try to open it please.

It wont allow me to forward the email again.

It says

"that mail is currently unavailable."

can you make the window half size (so you see the desktop next to it) then try to drag the email to your desktop. Please let me know what happens

I was able to drag the file to my desktop but when I try to open it. It says

"The file _____ could not be opened because an unknown error has occured. Please try to save it to your disk first"

Which leads me back to the original question of saving it :(

ok, then can you please export your emails out.

Then using outlook open the PST file and see if you can access it?

If you need detailed instructions, please tell me the email program type and version please