Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am installing a linsys E1000 wireless router the computers…

Customer Question
I am installing a linsys...
I am installing a linsys E1000 wireless router the computers are seeing it alright but when I go to connect its asking me for a certain sercurity code nothing in the pakage i got where do i get his code
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/12/2010
Network Technician: sandy, Networking Engineer replied 8 years ago
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
Hello Sir/madam,Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will assist you today. I understand how frustrated you are, but I assure you that I would put in my best effort to help you out.

Connect a cable from the modem to Internet/LAN/WAN (one separate port) of the router.
Now, Open your web browser, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and hit "Enter."
Use "Admin" as the username in the pop-up box and leave the password XXXXX
If this does not work,

username=leave it blank
password=admin

Under Wireless, Go to Basic wireless settings, Wireless security. Under this you will see your key and you will enter this.

You can check the link given as under:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/wireless.mspx

======
If you get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Hello My Friend, Is it working?
Hi sandy Your info was helpful but when I acsess the router its asking for a wep sercurity # XXXXX XXXXX on the site also if so where its either wep or weps
Have you followed these steps:

If this does not work,

username=leave it blank
password=admin

Under Wireless, Go to Basic wireless settings, Wireless security. Under this you will see your key