Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Hello. We have two laptops that we want to connect with the…

Customer Question
Hello. We have two laptops...
Hello. We have two laptops that we want to connect with the household computer modem. We have a satellite dish for internet. Our router used to be connected well to it. We had a tech guy come to the house (we live in the country)and connect it all up for us. Then we got a new satellite account and the router is useless.
HOW CAN WE BE RECONNECTED, USING OUR ROUTER?
Thanks A.H.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/12/2010
Network Technician: sandy, Networking Engineer replied 8 years ago
sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
Hello Sir/madam,
Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will assist you today. I understand how frustrated you are, but I assure you that I would put in my best effort to help you out.
1. Connect your setallite dish cable to the modem.
2. Connect your modem to the internet/LAN/WAN port of the router.
3. Now, try to connect to wireless on on the first laptop. Find the available networks, choose your network and enter the key. If you face any issue, please do let me know.

If you get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.

As I said somewhere.. All the connections are secure and the proper lights are all on. I cannot get the router to respond to my wep/wpa key, my home phone number, my network name is XXXXX XXXXX router password XXXXX XXXXX None of these work, written onto the connecting pages. A.H.

Make sure an ethernet cable must be connected from the router to the laptop. I will tell you when to disconnect.

Open an Internet Explorer browser and type the router IP address
192.168.1.1
Hit enter.
Now, type the use name=admin
password=password
Now, click OK.
Select Wireless Settings from the Setup menu in the left-hand navigation bar.
Under Wireless Network, you will see your desired network name in the Name (SSID) box.
Under Security Options, you will your security code.
Please use this code, to connect to wireless.
=======
Is it working now?

Hi again, Sandeep. Sorry I didn't see this box until afterwards.

I cannot tell if the router is working because to do all internet work I have to use a USB key. So far I have unplugged the router for ten seconds.

I have reset the connect page many times with the new codes I was given just before our satellite dish was set up with a new modem.

A.H.

Please follow the instructions given below:

192.168.1.1
Hit enter.
Now, type the use name=admin
password=password
Now, click OK.
Please use this code, to connect to wireless