Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

hi please help i have a new computer and it keeps asking…

Customer Question
hi please help i have...
hi please help
i have a new computer and it keeps asking for security key i have been put through to so many departments

Help Mrs Cuthbert
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/11/2010
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

If you have another computer that can access the wireless network then next download the utility at the link below onto that computer and save the file to the computer. Next, double click on the file and in the window that appears double click on the .exe file and then the utility will start and display the security key currently in use by that computer to connect to your wireless network. Then enter that security key into the computer that you are trying to connect to your wireless network and the issue should be resolved.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview.zip
hi i click link and i can not get anything
Ok then please click on the link below then scroll down to just before the bottom of the page that is at the link and click on the link entitled :Download Wireless KeyView":

click here
Sorry this doesn't work as I'm on a Apple Mac computer and can't use 'exe' files.
Ok so is there a PC that can connect to your wireless network?