Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Dont know if router (WGR614 v6), web browser (Firefox) or…

Customer Question
Don't know if router (WGR614...
Don't know if router (WGR614 v6), web browser (Firefox) or ISP (DSL Extreme) problem: Often get "Problem loading program" or "Server not found" Wife downstairs gets same message when going to websites. Once web site is entered, it can take several minutes before green bar fills, if at all.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/10/2010
Network Technician: James, Sr. Network Administrator replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Network Administrator
We can rule out Firefox, since it happens on more than one computer. It has to be the router, modem, or your actual DSL connection. That is also easy to test. Bypass the router by connecting directly to the modem with a wire, and see if the problem is still there. If it is, you need to contact your ISP and request that they check your line and replace your modem. I have a feeling you will find the problem is the DSL line.

J.