Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

for my printer I click an icon on my computer to connect. what…

Customer Question
for my printer I click...
for my printer I click an icon on my computer to connect. what do I do to get from my Toshiba to my brandnew Linksys/Cisco router wrt120n? I cannot find an icon or a process to finally let my husband read his foreign newspaper in the comfort of his own office. tks Ruth
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/10/2010
Network Technician: Matthew J, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Matthew J
Matthew J, Computer Support Specialist
Hi Ruth, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with that. What version of Windows does your Toshiba have loaded on it? (XP, Vista, Windows 7, etc.)

Thanks,
Matthew

Hello Matthew, tks for your prompt response. In my hurry I overlooked the last item on the double folded Cisco quick installation guide: Linksys Wireless Router.which gives t: he following instruction "Wireless Connection to your PC: The setup wizard will guide you through the steps to install Cisco Network Magic on your computer. When the Network Tasks screen appears, click Go Wireless, and cisco Network Magic will help you create a wireless connection between the Router and your computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions. My dilemma now is to find out if I am going to ruin the router if I repeat the entire installation without deleting what is already in the system. So much for a question from a voluable novice. Regards, Ruth