Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a linksys model # wrt54gs2 and have forgot the security…

Customer Question
I have a linksys model...
I have a linksys model # XXXXX and have forgot the security password, I have uninstalled the progam and re installed the porgam to no avail how can I get it up and working. I also have tried the 30 sec reset and the admin password XXXXX again no luck.
can you help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Network Technician: James, Sr. Network Administrator replied 8 years ago
James, Sr. Network Administrator
The admin password XXXXX XXXXX logging into the router - not the password XXXXX the network.
Connect the computer to the router with a network cable, open your browser and go to
http://192.168.1.1

Leave the username empty, and put the password: admin
Then go to Wireless Security to change the password.

J.
ok, but if i do that the computer i am now asking the question from will be disconnected and i can't contact you if it does not work please reply before i do this
You can always come back to www.justanswer.com, login to your account and you will find this question under "My Questions".

J.
Ok I will try that, the 16 that I pay is that good for a month? and the computer I am using now is a dell, the laptop wirless is a toshiba and to log on before directly i had to call my internet provider for them the change something, do I have to do that or do you know how to get around that.

I don't have access to see what kind of subscription you have, but you can click the Help icon to ask customer service. Please note that you still need to hit Accept if you have no more questions, regardless of the subscription you have.

You shouldn't need to call your internet provider, nothing they need to change.

Please let me know if this still doesn't work for you - we'll continue working on it.

J.
it did not work so I don't accept your answer, i bought a new unit
Take care.