Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need help again. I uninstalled the norton and tried to install…

Customer Question
I need help again....
I need help again. I uninstalled the norton and tried to install the microsoft security essentials again but the system tells me it's there but yet it's not there and keep getting the error 0X8004FF0B Help me again please
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
6/8/2010
Network Technician: bineeshap, Certified Networking Engineer replied 8 years ago
bineeshap
bineeshap, Certified Networking Engineer
Dear Sir\Madam,

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Please follow the steps on this article here to solve this problem.

LINK

This would help you to solve this..

Network Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Did you use the Norton Removal Tool to remove Norton, or using the Control Panel?

Regards

If you are Norton product still exixts on progrm list ..

Run the norton removal tool from here and uninstall the product..

LINK
I have tried this over and over but the mssefullinstall program to uninstall the microsoft securities does not appear I'll bet I tried 15 or more times typing in cmd then CD %USERPROFILE%\Desktop what can I do
Do you downloaded that file in to desktop...
I can't download any file into desktop and the norton was removed thru the control panel and all of its files were removed
Dowload the security essentials in to desktop..

LINK

And follow the steps ...
I just told you I can't it won't do it! The computer thinks security essentials is already in the system but it's not! I have tried over and over to un install it and re install it and it won't accept it!!!
Download the windows installer cleanup utility .

LINK

And install this and fully remove the essentials..
does not work and I am ready to hang it up and take this to someone that knows what they are doing. Thanks and good bye