Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I just bought a Trendnet TEW-467ga wireless gaming adapter.

I am having difficulty configuring...
I just bought a Trendnet TEW-467ga wireless gaming adapter. I am having difficulty configuring the device. During the manual setup, I get an "unable to login the device" message in response to the request for a password. How can I get this set up?
1/3/2010
Sam Carney
Sam Carney, Network Administrator
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Are you using the cd that came with it?
Have you tried using the default password?
I am using the CD and have tried the default password, which the user guide says is a blank.

Ok can you double check your model on your router. I can find any information on a Trendnet TEW-467ga

Did you mistype the number?

Oops. That would be TEW-647 GA

OK this seems silly.

Try typing "blank" without the quotes.

Then if that doesnt work try leaving the field blank (type nothing in it)

tried both. same result
are you tying "admin" for username all lower case?

Edited by Sam Carney on 1/3/2010 at 11:50 PM EST
there is no place to enter a username

try this in your browser

http://192.168.10.110

Does it give you a login?

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

OK that was supposed to be the defualt IP address of the router. Find the reset button and press it with a paper clip. Hold it in for about 10 seconds or intil you see the lights go off.

Then try loggin in again. with default user name and password

http://192.168.10.110

OK, that reset everything, and I an able to continue with the setup. It is now asking for a Pre-Shared Key. Is this the password XXXXX the wireless router?
what is asking for pre-shared key? laptop?
The setup software identified the wireless router info: wirelss mode, security mode and WPA mode. Then it asks for the Pre-Shared Key. All on the same screen.

I'm not a fan of using router setup software. It truly is optional

are you able to go to http://192.168.10.110 and login?

This is the setup software for the game console adapter. IE still doesn't recognize the IP address.

ok.. This is specific to your device.. It walks you through their software for setup.

Please review this guide.

http://www.trendnet.com/asp/download_manager/inc_downloading.asp?iFile=14295

Edited by Sam Carney on 1/4/2010 at 3:15 AM EST
Sam Carney
Sam Carney, Network Administrator
I tried the router password XXXXX it asked for the Pre-Shared Key. That was what was necessary. Everything get set up, and the adapter is working. Thanks for your help.

THANK YOU for sticking with it.. It was a tough one.

Please leave me some feedback (hopefully positive!)

Sam, I appreciate your help. You stuck with and me even though it seemed as if it should have been a pretty simple task. I enjoyed workking with you. Best wishes for the New Year.

What can I say? I really enjoy helping people and I like solving problems!

If you have time please leave me some feedback (hopefully positive)!

Sam Carney
Sam Carney
Sam Carney, Network Administrator