Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a Linksys WRT5462V1 wireless router that networks my

I have a Linksys WRT5462V1 wireless router that networks my 2 mac computers, only one that is wireless capable. I am trying to hook up a Canon PIXMA MP560 scanner/photo printer that has wireless capability but I cannot remember my password XXXXX the router - plus there is not a hard-wire hook-up on the Canon to link it directly with the Linksys.

Is there a way I can find the Linksys password XXXXX or reset one??

Rob
[email protected]
Category: Networking
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Can you open an Internet browser Window and type http://192.168.1.1 then hit enter to open the routers login page.

When prompted type your admin username and password ( If you have not changed it just leave the username blank and enter admin as the password XXXXX if you cannot get in can you try admin for the username and admin for the password)

When you get logged into the router can you click the Wireless tab then click the Wireless Security link under the Wireless tab and your password XXXXX be listed so you can write it down and tape it to the bottom of the router in case you need it in the future.

Try that and let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks