Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

How do I find the Network Key for my Westell 327W so my wireless

Customer Question
laptop can log in?...
How do I find the Network Key for my Westell 327W so my wireless laptop can log in?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Networking
4/22/2009
Network Technician: Bohack, System Administrator replied 8 years ago
Bohack
Bohack, System Administrator
Do you have a computer running on your wireless right now?

If so I can help...

Jon B.
I don't have one that is running right now, just the main computer and the laptop I'm trying to connect
Network Technician: Wolex Technologies, Certified Networking Engineer replied 8 years ago
Wolex Technologies
Wolex Technologies, Certified Networking Engineer

HiCustomer

To get teh Newtork key from the Westel 327W.

First you open your web browser and type in the address ( the default will normall be 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.1) This address will take your modem homepage.

Assume that you are at the homepage now.

On the tab, click configuration, drop down to Wireless, then go to security.

There is your security key.

If you find more than one keys on this page that will mean you are using wep and not wpa.

If your network key is a wep settings then your network key by default will be the first set of characters.

I hope this answer your question? If so kindly click to accept

Wolex Technologies
Wolex Technologies
Wolex Technologies