syseng
syseng, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional with 18 years experience in system design and troubleshooting
13852270

I lose connection on Logitech camera after 10 minutes on

Customer Question

I lose connection on Logitech camera after 10 minutes on facebook live with a good connection.The app saids connected but picture is dropped
JA: When did you last update Facebook?
Customer: i don't know
JA: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?
Customer: meaning what
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  syseng replied 4 months ago.

My name is David.

Issues with blocked streaming media (videos) are often due to memory errors in the network devices that provide your wireless and Internet access. To rule out the network as the culprit, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer and other devices that connect to the network after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am using my friends network next to me. When I first started it this didn't happen. I'm only 15 feet away from his modern but there is a wall between us. I have a strong signal.
Expert:  syseng replied 4 months ago.

Yes, and what you are saying makes sense - the wireless signal strength is good however streaming media, like most data is cached in the router/modem before forwarding to your computer. If the cache is corrupted for any reason, such as a power anomaly, a disconnect can occur and the solution to that is to power down the router/modem for a few moments then power it up again. Do you have access to do that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No not until I catch him there
Expert:  syseng replied 4 months ago.

Ok, then do you think that will be today?

Also, is there another WiFi or cabled network you can try in the meantime?

Or do you have access to login to the router/modem and reboot it (although a reboot is not a complete power down, it may still resolve the issue).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No bit I will catch him and reboot it. My phone works great for it.
Expert:  syseng replied 4 months ago.

Ok sounds good. Please let me know once you do that and if it resolves the issue.